Faculty, Assistant/ Associate Professor – Computer Science (AI)
Position: Faculty, Assistant/ Associate Professor – Computer Science (AI)
The Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence) Programme (https://gaf.edu.eg/engineering-computer-science/) at the University of Hertfordshire (UH) hosted by the Global Academic Foundation (GAF) invites applications for a faculty position, at the rank of Assistant/ Associate Professor to begin in September 2022. The successful candidates must have earned B.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in Artificial Intelligence, or closely related areas, and have a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and research, advising, and course development. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience and professional experience. Excellent opportunities exist for collaborative work with Computer Science (AI) firms. Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a letter of application addressing qualifications along with a resume, and names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three references.
· Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a specialism in Artificial Intelligence or closely related areas. (Ph.D. must be completed by the start date.)
· Ph.D. in Computer Science or Computer Engineering in Artificial Intelligence from the UK or any reputable western university is preferred.
· Strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and applied research, advising, and course development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
The successful candidate will possess knowledge and experience in at least two of the following fields:
• Artificial Intelligence
• Database Systems
• Software Accessibility and Usability
* Skills in interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making.
* Skills in the presentation of course materials and learning experiences.
* Expertise in teaching subjects related to general Computer Science (AI) topics, with a preferred minimum of 2 years of teaching experience at the college/university level.
* Ability to communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to engage, motivate, and evaluate students.
* Ability to deal with the opportunities and challenges of a rapidly growing and changing institution.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please send the CV and cover letters clearly mentioning the job title to email@example.com and HR_recruitment@gaf.edu.eg.
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability.
Closing Date : Monday 29th August
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and it will continue until the positions are filled. The HR department will contact selected candidates for an interview upon the first round of screening.