Head of Careers
Department: Careers Unit.
Report to: Provost.
Responsible for: staff involved in careers advice at School level and for liaison with members of the careers team at University of Hertfordshire, UK.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The main purpose of this role is to lead on the day-to-day management and delivery of the careers service to students at UH-GAF. This will entail close interaction with the Schools and programmes offered at UH-GAF, together with building strong links with both he careers service at UH and also a range of local/regional employers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assess personal characteristics, skills and interests via individual interviews and/or group work.
- Provide appropriate career counseling to students especially those in level 6 of study
- Liaise with UH-GAF Schools, employers and professional organizations
- Write careers literature, action plans and reports
- Provide advice on CVs, applications and interview techniques
- Keep up to date with information about training routes, professional regulation and the jobs market
- Organize open house events inviting prospective employers on to campus
- Provide regular updates to the senior management team on activities, initiatives and new opportunities for careers development.
- Formula and implement of students and alumni career plans.
- Schedule on-campus interviews for jobs and internships
RESPONSIBILITY FOR BUDGETS
The post holder will have no direct responsibility for budgets
Internal: Regular contact will be expected with the Provost, Deans of School, programme and module leads and school administrators.
External (UK): Regular contact with the Careers Centre at the University of Hertfordshire will be essential to ensure that UH-GAF mirrors provision of careers advice and support to student on the Egypt campus.
External (Egypt): Regular contact with local and regional employers especially those with whom we already have MoUs will be essential. Interacting with the syndicates will also be an important part of the role.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Educated to degree level
- Experience in providing careers advice
- Years of experience minimum 5 years in the same field.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to form professional networks and contribute to enhancing career opportunities for our students
- Team player able to work across a range of professional and academic sectors.
- Excellent IT experience, across all Microsoft packages.
- Experience of careers services in a University or College setting.
- Knowledge of the UK higher education quality assurance systems
- Experience in organizing multi-partner events (careers fairs)
- Evidence of continued professional training or development
- Ability to meet deadlines and plan effectively across competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail in generating reports
Closing Date: 31st July 2022
Informal Contact Details: For informal discussions please contact the President [Professor Vincent Emery (PA to the President: Mrs. Dalia El Tawyl (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Screening of applications will begin immediately, and it will continue until the positions are filled. The HR department will contact selected candidates for an interview upon the first round of screening.