Help Desk Administrator Officer is responsible for
Help desk technician will provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. Will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. Must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
The goal is to create value for clients that will help preserve the Organization’s reputation and business.
1. Dispatch and register the incoming calls on the Help Desk system.
2. First interfacing between the users (Administrator, Faculty, Staff, Student) and the IT.
3. Direct all requests/calls to the appropriate IT person(s).
4. Track the incidents and ensure its closure and customer satisfaction.
5. Direct supervise the users’ support staff.
6. Voice and telephony support.
7. Responsible to fulfill and install all software required for the staff & Labs.
8. Support and prepare the required software for the labs according to the courses.
9. Support Faculty and students while using the lab.
10. Demonstrate new technology tools for users.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in IT related discipline is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years work experience required, preferably within the field of IT.
Qualifications & Skills
· Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control.
· Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products.
· Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
· Proficiency in English
· Excellent communication skills.
· Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
· Strong oral, written and analytical skills required.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to establish a solid working relationship with end users and peers.
· Problem solving skills.
· Strong customer focus.
· Ability to prioritize the workload.
· Attention to detail.