System & DB Administrator
System administrator is responsible for
– Managing certain applications and systems on campus. This includes the SQL reporting, integration, backup and/or restore, maintenance, troubleshooting.
– User and password management.
– Ensure that information flows between systems accurately, is stored and accessed securely, and will be responsible for correcting any discrepancies that occur.
– Able to work independently and must possess a great patience, and problem-solving ability to fix issues and ensure functionality.
– Work with Computer Technicians, Systems Administrators, end users including students, faculty, and staff as well as a variety of other users and responsible parties to coordinate operation
– Support and writing of reports in MS SQL Server Reporting Tools
– User account lifecycle management including creation and setup, security and access control
– Work with Institutional departments to develop data standards, requirements, reports
– Customization of various programs and processes in PowerCampus to meet end user needs.
- Create User Profiles
- Create User Accounts
- Maintain availability of online Application
- Align PowerCampus with admission and Student affair units’ requirements
- Communicate with system support to solve issues and implement upgrades.
- Create and maintain SSRS reports.
- Ensure that data entry and business process is fulfilled by end users.
- Coordinate with student affairs in creating academic schedule.
- Track applicant’s issues and provide solution.
- Ensure database backup tasks are successful.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology or related field
Experience: 3-5 years’ experience in database management, design, and/or SQL report writing.
– Microsoft SQL Development is a MUST.
– MS .Net is recommended.
– SSRS is a MUST.
– SharePoint is a great Plus.
– Previous Experience with Student Information Systems (Power Campus) is an advantage.
– Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
– Investigate, recommend, and implement new technological approaches that increase service and efficiency.
How to apply:
If you are interested, please send the CV and cover letters clearly mentioning the job title to firstname.lastname@example.org and HR_recruitment@gaf.edu.eg.